Thursday, December 14, 2006

Letter to a friend

My dear friend 4.0,

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last contact. I admit, my thoughts have been so full of other things, I have once again failed to give you the attention you deserve. And here you are again, the end of another long semester, propping me up when my own efforts should have been deemed insufficient at best. All I can say is, thank you.

Remember when I thought I'd lost you forever? I even gave your eulogy! I had so little faith, it seems, but you were stronger than I'd thought possible, and held on, and stayed with me.
The thing is -and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but... it seems like the longer I have you in my life, the more pressure you put on me. I know you have high standards, and I know you mean well, but sometimes I try to avoid you so that I can relax, put my feet up, have a drink or three, and just get by, you know?

So if I don't seem as attentive as I should, I hope you'll understand. I know I will, when you finally leave me. Maybe... next semester.

Your friend,
bekbek

2 comments:

Luther said...

Grats bit! I guess you got your grade, eh? Or rather, A? Again, way to go!!!! Not bad for a high school drop out.

LL

bekbek said...

Yeah, that big old project worth 35% got "excellent" on every freakin' point. And an extra stress on excellent about my overkill wireframes, too.

Next semester, I'm going to have to try harder at the slacker thing.

You think maybe I should get that GED now?